19 November 2012

Design Wall - November 19, 2012


As you can see, some progress has been made. Santa has his face, beard and mustache. And his belt and belt buckle. I think I might have put the 'fur' of his hat on incorrectly, but since it is a solid white, I'm not going to worry about it. It is stitched down so it is not going to be redone. Can you see those three red berries between the fur trim and the holly leaves on his hat? I am going to make some yo-yos in that size and stitch them on top of the existing berries just to give a bit of depth.

Next up: the hobby horse that Santa is holding. Working in groups of ten makes appliqueing a large piece much more manageable.

For more design walls, please visit Judy's post.

5 comments:

  1. The fabric for the beard is perfect. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That beard is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fabulous Paula! I'd really like you to stitch faster so I can see it all together. LOL I love that you are sharing so much of this with all of us. It's going to be an amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my it's wonderful - I can't wait to see this one finished! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, It's coming along beautifully. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete