06 June 2014

Car Seat Blanket


Isn't this the cutest thing? There are openings in the blanket for the car seat straps to go through so the blanket always stays tucked around the little one. It's a simple crochet pattern that I found on Ravelry and only uses 700-750 yards of yarn. I have 800 of that pink. Yay! I have, for the most part, given up crochet. After having 3 different surgeries on my hands and wrists, they just can not take the strain of crocheting. But knitting is fine, go figure.



Here it is completed so you could say that this is Off The Hook, not On The Needles. ;-)

What's on your needles? I'm linking to JudyL's On the Needles Friday.

3 comments:

  1. The blanket is so pretty in pink! You got it done before it gets cold again too so it will be all ready for a little one to bundle in the car seat. However that big hole worries me if you were to use it other than in the car seat. A baby or child could become tangled up in that hole and that could be disastrous. So whomever receives this lovely blanket make sure it stays in the car with a warning note attached. I guess the Mom and Grandmother in me is always looking out for the little ones, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It is a clever pattern. The color is precious, too. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should be very useful! How are your hands after all those stitches? Crocheting hurts my hands also, and I've never had any surgeries on them
    .

    ReplyDelete