15 June 2015

Quilting without a Stitch Regulator



The kitchen is to a point where I can relax just a bit. There are still things to do: put up the blinds, install handles on the cupboards, make dividers for some of the drawers, install the hood/microwave over the stove and change out all the old plug-ins.

This past weekend I ended up in the sewing room and quilted a small pin basted charity quilt. This is just one piece of fabric by Marcus Brothers and a blue fleece on the back.

When I bought my Handi Quilter Sweet Sixteen sit-down quilting machine, I wondered if I needed to purchase a stitch regulator. I realized that I had been quilting without one on my domestic sewing machine all along, so why was I considered getting one now? Look at those beautiful stitches! And without a stitch regulator.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice!

    Glad to hear the remodel is progressing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep pondering a sit down machine . . . good to know you are happy with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the truth! Perfect stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those stitches look great!!!! I've recently moved and my longarm machine is still in storage! *insert tears here*. I don't have a stitch regulator either! To me, that's just cheating! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the quilting. I had the same thoughts when I ought my sweet 16 and have never regretted not getting it

    ReplyDelete